Click to Select a Town:
Click to Remove a Town:
Search
  •  
Search

Valley Stream Real Estate

In 1640, 14 years after the arrival of Dutch settlers in Manhattan, the area that is now Valley Stream was purchased by the Dutch West India Company from the Rockaway Indians. There was no development of the woodland area for the next two centuries. The census of 1840 lists about 20 families, most of whom owned large farms. At that time, the northwest section was called "Foster's Meadow." The business section on Rockaway Avenue was called "Rum Junction" because of its lively nightlife. The racy northern section was called "Cookie Hill," and the section of the northeast that housed the local fertilizer plant was "Skunk's Misery." "Hungry Harbor", a section that has retained its name, was home to a squatters' community. 

There are no listings that match your search criteria.
Multiple Listing Service of Long Island, Inc. The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Broker Reciprocity Program of the Multiple Listing Service of Long Island, Inc. Real Estate listings held by brokerage firms other than SungAssociates are marked with the Broker Reciprocity logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing brokers.